Dazed and Confused

Nothing like a long flight to lose your thoughts.  Or more specifically, to regain them.  The runners gun has gone off, and my journey of self discovery has begun.  

While this journey has been in the making for some time, only now do I realise that I’ve been operating on automatic pilot.  By this I mean walking around semi conscience of what was to happen, enough to plan (partially), and tell others.  But not enough to soak it all in.  

How do I know this?  My good-byes to my loving family was nothing more than a deep hug, albeit a loving one of course, but one where I wasn’t quite certain as to what to say. “See you in three months”?   Well at least I did sincerely thank them for letting me go on this journey of mine, without my feeling guilty.  So their excitement for my trip was liberating.  

But through this mist of daze and confusion, my automatic pilot was pre programmed.  It’s as if my subconscious knows in which direction to push me towards, letting me come to the findings on my own.  And while I don’t wish to cheat, I do kind of wish my subconscious would enlighten my conscious as to what lies ahead.  Guess that’s my “be prepared” Boy Scout in me.  

One more step forward.  




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Due North

A Renaissance Man Named Coco

“The songs we’ve danced, the places we’ve visited”