On the road to find out

Sitting here waiting at my gate, something I’ve done way too many times for work without thought nor trepidation. Yet this time, I sit here in bemusement, wondering not just what lies ahead, but what and if these next three months will meet my intense desire to find some self.  It’s like my boarding a flight on an astral plane with no planned direction nor destination.  

Thank you again for joining me on this journey.  And more importantly, thank you for being present for me as I embark on this journey.  Your guidance and direction will not go unnoticed.  

I leave you with a YouTube link to a Cat Stevens song.  This song has always touched a chord for me, but does so specially now.  As a young lad I loved books of self discover, like Shangrila, Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Universe, Razor’s Edge, Papillon, and more recently, to ones like Into The Wild and Motorcycle Diaries.  And here I am hoping to recreate some of this self discovery on mine.  Hope you get this feeling I have from listening to the lyrics.  

“On the road to find out”
~Cat Stevens

Well I left my happy home
To see what I could find out
I left my folk and friends
With the aim to clear my mind out

Well I hit the rowdy road
And many kinds I met there
And many stories told me on the way to get there

So on and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
So much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

In the end I'll know
But on the way I wonder
Through descending snow
And through the frost and thunder

I listen to the wind come howl
Telling me I have to hurry
I listen to the robin's song 
Saying not to worry

So on, and on I go, the seconds tick the time out
So much left to know, and I'm on the road to find out

Well sometimes you have to moan
When nothing seems to suit you
But never the less you know
Your locked towards the future

So off and on you go, the seconds tick the time out
There's so much left to know and I'm on the road to find out
And I found my head one day

When I wasn't even trying
And here I have to say
Cause there is no use in lying, lying

Yes the answer lies within
So why not take a look now
Kick out the devils sin

Pickup, pickup a good book now

Comments

  1. Buen viaje y buen camino ... estaré contigo, viviendo vicariamente a través de ti

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a good flight on this, your first leg...

    ReplyDelete
  3. La famille Prugue de France t attends avec plaisir. Nous suivrons tes aventures jusqu'à nous. Bon voyage Robby et belles rencontres.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great song. Why do I get the feeling this blog is going to be like a trip to the snow with you? Keep em coming and maybe we can vote on your best song choices.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Walking Due North

A Renaissance Man Named Coco

“The songs we’ve danced, the places we’ve visited”